Students may not arrive at school before 7:30 a.m. as there is no adult supervision. They must go directly home when dismissed unless otherwise directed to do so by the school staff or unless they are a part of an after school program. Children should not wait at the playground equipment area as there is no adult supervision available after school. Gates will re-open at 2:15/ 2:29 p.m. following the dismissal bell. On days when students are picked up from school (especially on rainy days), parents should not park cars in the parking lot, honk the horn or motion children to the car. Please park on Richman Avenue or drive through the curved loading zone to pick up your child. Please make pick up arrangements with your child(ren) before school since our office phone is used for emergencies only.
Please DO NOT use the staff parking lot to drop off children. Use the loading zone provided for you. DO NOT PARK OR LEAVE YOUR VEHICLE UNATTENDED IN LOADING ZONE as this is illegal and citations will be issued on a random basis by law enforcement officials. Also, do not double park in the loading zone and motion your child to come to you as this is extremely dangerous to have your child walk or run in between the cars.
In order to ensure the safety of our students and to maximize morning instructional time, Richman School will continue its closed campus policy. Gates will close promptly at 8:00 a.m. and remain locked during school hours. Students will need to enter campus at their designated gate.
- Grades TK/K will enter school at the Kinder gate. A school staff member will take your child’s temperature when entering.
- Grades 1st -3rd: will enter through the gate to the left of the Kindergarten yard next to the big tree.
- Grades 4th -6th will enter thru the gate by the front office
- State preschool will enter through the preschool gate off of the parking lot. Please keep your child on the grass by the preschool yard
- The back gate will be open for students in grades 1st - 6th grade. TK/Kinder students need to enter through the Kinder gate in the front.
Early Pick Up
In the event that a child must be picked up during school hours, an authorized adult listed on the child’s emergency card must first come to the office to sign the student out. Please note that the school office staff may only release students to their parents or adults listed on the emergency card. Adults picking up students will be asked to show current California Identification in order to ensure the student is being released to the appropriate adult.